Python is a general-purpose programming language. The most important feature about python is that it is interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, and high-level programming language. Python was originally created by Guido van Rossum in 90s.
Why Learn Python?
As discussed Python is a high-level programming language and it supports scripting. It was designed to be highly readable and understandable. In Python programming English keywords are most frequently used.
Python is the most essential language for those who are students and working professionals and want to become a great Software Engineer or Data Scientist. Here are some Key Features of Python:
- Python is Interpreted: In Python code/script is processed at the runtime by an interpreter. Here there’s no need of compilation like C++ Programming before execution.
- Python is Interactive: Python is interactive as you can use python prompt and directly write your programs.
- Python is Object-Oriented: Here in Python Programming you can encapsulate code within objects as it supports Object-Oriented style.
Characteristics of Python
Here are following characteristics of Python Programming Language;
- Python can be easily integrated with other programming language like C, C++ and Java etc.
- It supports automatic garbage collection.
- It as also known as scripting language.
- One of the best characteristics if Python is that it supports functional and structured programming methods as well as OOP concept.
Getting Started with Python: “Hello World”
Are you excited about learning python programming. Lets write your first programming code in python:
#First Programming code in python print('Hello World')