Are you a programmer and you want to start working with others, not just with others, but also to preserve your code history?
You need to know about SVN(Sub Version)/Git for sure.
Git is one of the SVN styles that allows you to keep your background or, I would say, to version your code/project, etc.
What is SVN / Version control?
The term Version control refers to a system that tracks changes over time called ‘versions’ to a file or collection of files. In other words, these versions will help you monitor the modifications in your project/codes and also undo those modifications if appropriate. When working on a larger project, this function of being able to compare, discern, and reverse changes between two iterations of a single project becomes very useful. Larger ventures mean more individuals working on the same code, raising the probability of disputes.
You can easily avoid these conflicts by using Version Control. This system is called a Version Control System, which manages the versioning of codes (VCS). You can think of it as ‘a database’ for a better view. VCS takes snapshots of the whole project from inside this database and stores them as versions. You can now easily compare the versions with the aid of these snapshots and switch between them as needed. Subversion is a common example of (svn). Subversion is centralised: there is a single repository that users checkout code from and commit changes to.
What is GitHub?
Github is not Git like. Although Git is a tool, Github is a website/platform.
Instagram:Camera :: Github:Git
The tool is Git or Camera, but the website is Instagram or Github. Github helps you to securely store the code in the cloud, in addition to many other things.
But can I still use Google Drive or DropBox? Yes, but Github is specifically built for this purpose. Not the only one is Github. There are also other websites that are similar, such as GitLab, bitbucket.
To secure the code of yours
To share with others your code. Email 1992 is like that.
When you have a Github profile, employers love it and they can see your position before even calling you for an interview.
What is Git?
Git, like your IDE or VLC player, is a tool/software. It is not a language for programming.
Git is not related to any unique language of programming. It is a general instrument.
A rather standard definition is: Git is a framework for version control (VCS). But that’s just the concept of Viva. We’ll understand why it should be used by you.
When you’ve got git on your resume, businesses love it.
Uses of Git/GitHub
- If you want the old code that once worked well, then you can have it.
- It is the delivery of version control, meaning that even though you do not have your workstation with you, you can access your code/project.
- Regardless of your fellow developers’ current locations, you can work in a collaborative atmosphere with a lot of ease.
- Your static site can also be hosted on a Git website, such as GitHub.
- GitHub is used by developers to distribute their work in the form of plugins, modules, etc.
- And more and so on…. This concludes my blog on the Git and GitHub Guide for Beginners. Hope you enjoyed reading and learning something new from this blog.