What is GPT-3?
Generative Pertained Transformer-3 in short GPT-3. It is a model (neural language) from OpenAI. It has been launched by OpenAI. Currently, it is in beta version and thus it has helped learners to understand the cool things that can be done by GPT-3. This GPT-3 model has been fed with web content that includes literature, coding lectures/tutorials, etc. Talking about the parameters, GPT-3 has about 175 billion parameters. GPT-3 has also its predecessor GPT-2 which had fewer parameters than GPT-3. (1.5 Billion parameters)
What you can do with GPT-3?
Here are some key features/capabilities of GPT-3:
- One of the best things about GPT-3 is that it has been very magnificent in its beta version itself. And in a matter of one or two years, OpenAI will be commercializing this product.
- Yes, it is able to write stories for you. Along with this, it can write code, poems, and verses, etc.
- For websites, it can create widgets.
- It can also write articles for you on a particular topic.
- And most important, it is very difficult to distinguish between articles written by humans and articles that are generated by GPT-3.
How GPT-3 will be affecting Us?
We as a human has great aptness to overemphasize negative aspects of technology.
In my consideration, there will huge loss in jobs in various fields, like content writing, news industry, web technologies, etc. And these are the fields which have huge concern due to advancement in Artificial Intelligence (AI). It is a matter of fact that many people will be jobless due to this new technology.
But one should be clear that those who have proper skills need not worry as they can evolve themselves and adapt themselves with new technologies coming.
Please Remember “change is going to happen, it’s constant”.
GPT-3 for sure is huge technology winning in the field of Artificial Intelligence and many more winning yet to come.
Talking about the drawbacks of the product i.e GPT-3. Yes GPT-3 has drawbacks like other ones;
- It generally replies with very wrong answers if asked invalid questions.
- GPT-3 has less common sense and reasoning. You can also check out “Kevin Lacker’s blog” for more details:
Link to blog: Kevin Lacker’s blog
Thank you!! Please comment down your thoughts on this technology.